Friday, January 26, 2007

Enjoy the Best and Pay Much Less

Enjoy the Best and Pay Much Less
By: Alan Jenks


"$18/hour. Well you can live on it but it does not leave a lot extra. Extra there is no extra I am going broke!" This was a conversation I had with a client. She came to my clinic for help with stress. Her big stress was not men, career or family, like many people it was money.

I asked her where she thought her money was going and the first thing she mentioned was coffee. I have written previous articles about this expense but I explained it to her a little differently and here?s what I said.

There are several challenges with buying an overpriced coffee most mornings. One is the coffee is not good for you, most coffee houses use the very cheapest coffee available. I always laugh when my European friends come over to visit and they want a good cup of coffee, I tell them to bring it with them. They insist we go out for a cup and they are shocked at what we have been convinced it good coffee.

Another thing about coffee houses is the cost, $5.00 for a cup of coffee is nuts. Even $2.50 for a cup of coffee is way too much. I remember traveling and seeing signs in shops, ?coffee 4 cents a cup?. We are obviously a long way from those days but it is increasing in value a lot faster than gas. Can you imagine paying $5 for a cup of gas?

Read the rest of this article at Deb t Management


Posted to Debt Management

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home